Dating oneida wm rogers silversmith
The best known trademark is " 1847 Rogers Bros ", used from 1862, but lots of companies with this name were created, merged, separated in an endless succession of intertwined relationships. The president was Charles Alfred Hamilton, while William H. The firm was one of the original companies to become part of International Silver Co. A series of intertwined companies having their origin in 1825 in Hartford (CT) when William Rogers Sr entered in partnership with his master silversmith Joseph Church. in 1898A company organised in 1853 by William and Asa Jr. Additional manufacturers are shown below the Oneida and International lists.Oneida Limited was not formed until 1880, but the roots of the company date to 1848, when a religious commune called the Oneida Community was founded by John Humphrey Noyes in Oneida, New York.
We have been in business for over 44 years, selling Sterling and Silverplate flatware, hollowware & fine bone china. We do not sell monogrammed or damaged flatware unless stated.Items are not new and consequently may show some sign of use.This is a page of A Small Collection of Antique Silver and Objects of vertu, a 1000 pages richly illustrated website offering all you need to know about antique silver, sterling silver, silverplate, sheffield plate, electroplate silver, silverware, flatware, tea services and tea complements, marks and hallmarks, articles, books, auction catalogs, famous silversmiths (Tiffany, Gorham, Jensen, Elkington, WMF, Reed & Barton, Mappin & Webb, Bateman Family), history, oddities ... Co in 1879, while its tools and machinery were sold to Lewis Hotchkiss and Edwin L. The mark Rogers Cutlery Co continued to be used until 1898 when the International Silver Co was formed The firm was formed in 1901 to purchase tools, machinery, trade-mark and good-will of A. Rogers, Smith & Co ceased to exist as a separate firm and was used as a trademark of Meriden Britannia Co when the International Silver Co was formed in 1898Active in Hartford, CT, from 1900. The production was located also in Canada (supposedly after 1918, when the firm was acquired by Wm A. SITE MAP HOME PAGERogers is a recurrent name in American makers of coin, sterling and silverplate ware. The firm was bought by International Silver Co in 1903 and the trademarks were retired (they were considered an 'imitation' of the original Rogers Brothers production)Active in Brooklyn, NY, from 1870 and later in Danbury, CT. Rogers Ltd)A partnership of William Rogers (Sr) with his brother Simeon Rogers. There is a great confusion about the firms bearing this name. Nathaniel Burton Rogers was senior member of the partnership with Mr. The firm used tools and machinery bought in 1879 from Rogers Cutlery Co. Until 1874 the firm was only a flatware manufacturer. In 1855 Simeon Rogers left the company and the '& Co' was dropped from the name. In 1872, when the William Rogers Manufacturing Co was incorporated, the Rogers were no longer associated to the firm (but later F.